Sunday, January 29, 2006

Bulbs Vs Fluoroscent Lights

I've never liked bulbs. I much prefer tube-lights (or other fluoroscent lights). I find bulbs far too dim and entirely unsuitable for task like reading or working on the computer.

Whats more, bulbs are inefficient as far as power consumption is concerned. Why then, does the US insist on using bulbs in almost all domestic settings? Its not like the nation can't afford fluoroscent lights (which is an important factor in developing countries like India).

Its amazing; my dorm shower and toilet have fluoroscent lights, but the 'interior designer' in all her infinite wisdom, has chosen to light all living areas with bulbs. The lighting in the toilet is far more suitable for reading than my study table. Sheeesh....

Some things I will never understand.

3 Comments:

Blogger V said...

Ummm...romantic you said?

Did you see the pic of my room? Look romantic to you?

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you. Fluorescent lights are by far more usefull for the very things they where designed at first. The only bad thing about then is when you have some problem with the reactor or the wiring and they start to take too much time to light on. Anyway, fluorescent lamps rules.

1:15 PM  
Blogger V said...

Dear Countess,

question is - does it matter?

As Guy Kawasaki says:
"...if only defeating sexism were as simple as throwing in an occasional he/she, she, her, or hers. I use the masculine pronouns merely as a shortcut. Successful entrepreneurship is blind to gender. Don't look for sexism where none exists."

In the post you mention - I chose to use the feminine pronoun. I don't think it makes an iota of a difference either way. I hope you agree.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home